To meet new emission norms, vehicle manufacturers have largely turned to a process known as Selective Catalytic Reduction involving the injection of Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) into existing gas circulatory systems which assists in the breakdown of harmful NOx.
The use of CX DEF is simple. Just pour directly into the tank (usually next to the fuel filler, in the boot, or under the bonnet) with a funnel. Follow any instructions given in your OEM handbook or on the pack to know your tank size. 5 litres should be enough to make sure your car will restart if you’ve run out completely.
Note: DEF is not injected into the engine as a fuel additive. It is added to the catalyst system in the car’s exhaust system.
- Reduces hazardous NOx emission and diesel effluents reducing pollutant levels
- Non-toxic and biodegradable
- Stable under extreme physical conditions
- Prevents nozzle clogging
- Up to 20% gain in fuel efficiency
- Compatible and recommended for use in all leading automobile brands